WHY GROW UP?
Our choice to use vertical farming was an easy one. Growing in a controlled, indoor environment means our food is:
A controlled and monitored indoor growing environment means:
- no exposure to harmful pesticides or herbicides
- no exposure to soil or other causes of contamination that lead to product recalls
- no use of GMO seeds
- using a water system that is ensured to be safe and contaminant free
- protection against extreme weather events and a changing climate
A vertical approach also provides real solutions for some of the most pressing sustainability and food production issues.
Vertical farming means:
- avoiding the use of decreasing arable land
- utilizing a recycled water system that uses 95% less water
- reducing food waste by growing based on local community needs and preferences
- the ability to locate our farms less than 30 kms away from stores, which reduces the carbon footprint associated with transportation and avoids the need for plastic packaging
Our produce is not only safe and sustainable, it’s “perfectly grown” too.
Growing up means:
- monitoring and controlling conditions so your produce is consistently grown in optimal conditions, 365 days per year
- producing 3 - 4 times more yield than traditional farming
- using LED lights to augment volatile oils, resulting in produce that is more colourful and aromatic
- using controlled amounts of fertilizers, which results in more nutrient dense produce
how does vertical
Vertical farming is similar to organic farming, only elevated. Here’s how our produce compares to organic: